Sr. Systems Administrator
The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS), is searching for a talented I/T professional to join our team. IBHS is headquartered in Tampa, Florida and has a research facility in Richburg, South Carolina. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be a critical member of the IBHS IT team. This role is to administer and oversee network and server infrastructure including design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Manage multiple offices which will include networking, physical server and storage hardware, Virtualization technologies, Server Operating Systems and Enterprise Applications.
The Institute for Business & Home Safety’s mission is to reduce the social and economic effects of natural disasters and other property damage by conducting research and advocating improved construction, maintenance and preparedness practices. IBHS is a dynamic organization where staff work together in an exciting creative and innovative environment that is changing the world of building science. By identifying ways to build safer, stronger homes and businesses, IBHS is helping to create communities that will be able to stand up to Mother Nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor, counsel and coach IT staff as required.
- Prioritize and manage Break/Fix and IT Requests pertaining to application and/or software support and development
- Develop, purchase, deploy and maintain company network and infrastructure technologies
- Perform all facets of successful project management of key network and infrastructure projects
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT strategy company-wide, as well as intradepartmental goals
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously without diminishing the level of quality presented at completion
- Develops and fosters good working relationships with all IT customers.
- Assists in creating, maintaining, and deploying all facets of IT governance
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies, state/federal laws and other governing bodies
- Provides exceptional customer service in the receipt, troubleshooting and resolution of all internal and external inquiries and issues
- Establishes and maintains records, logs, audits and reports of all systems, user assistance, etc.
- May have additional duties as assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or 8+ years of related experience is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a virtualized server infrastructure using VMware ESXi and vCenter.
- Deployment of ESXi, Windows, Linux, and VMware servers
- Strong knowledge and in-depth experience of AD, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Security, Firewall Policies, Back-up Replication, Routing Protocols and switches
- Knowledge and experience in fiber channels and iSCSI enterprise storage arrays
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with executive staff when needed.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Flexibility with a willingness to change direction and priority in a fast paced environment.
- Ongoing ability to independently increase technical skillsets and knowledge of new technologies
Position requires occasional travel, between the two locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Military Veterans Welcome!
For more information, interested candidates should submit resume with salary requirements to
Debbie Perricone, IBHS Director, Human Resources, at email@example.com or (813) 675-1048, fax (813) 286-9960